It seems that every time I read one of the mainstream media outlets these days I see them redefining the meaning of words. Simple terms like recovery, recession, inflation. These words have had a well-defined meaning over the years, and the meanings have not changed. One place they do seem to have a fluid definition is the mainstream media.
I decided that I should put together a list of these changing, or code, words so that I could keep track of how they are redefined to suit a particular political climate or the agenda of a news organization. Even making that statement makes me cringe – “agenda of a news organization” – as if they are supposed to have any agenda other than bringing unbiased news to the public.
For probably 50 years now that has not been the case. The “news” these organizations promote is not news at all, but biased editorializations that have no real connection to the original news they are supposed to be about.
Anyway, here is my list of code words – words that mean something different than what they are intended to mean:
- Recession – We are really in a depression, but that word is a vote killer, so the politicians lie.
- Recovery – I’ve read everywhere from Associated Press to Fox News that the “recovery has slowed”. There is no recovery and there has not been since the economic crash. People are not going back to work, foreclosures are up and housing is down, businesses are going bankrupt, families are going bankrupt. Things are not getting better.
- Quantitative Easing- Let’s not mince words here. Printing money when there is no value behind it is criminal and causes inflation. Any time that you dilute anything in the real world or the economic world you diminish its value, and that includes money. Quantitative Easing, or causing inflation, it nothing but devaluing of the dollar, which is actually devaluing of the work force’s value. The criminals in D.C. are devaluing the value of our work and causing us to work harder to live.
- Economic Stimulus – Stealing money from working Americans to give to foreign countries, large corporations, and the political structure itself. Does nothing to help anyone except the friends of the politicians that voted for it.
- Economic Growth – Usually a number that comes out every quarter that is supposed to make us all feel warm and fuzzy because it sounds like it comes from growth. It is in fact a fudged number that is meaningless. When they say “economic growth has slowed” they are really saying that the downturn in the economy is worse and we are sliding faster, but still down, a slippery slope.
What this all boils down to is deception. Deceiving someone is lying to them. The politicians lie to us continually, if not directly then indirectly, with the deceptive wording they use.
Things are bad and are going to become much worse. They have to. We are over-extended and our entire government is on loan from a private bank. A private bank that owns our government in the same way that your local bank owns your house or your car. If you have any doubt about what will happen, stop making the payments and see who ends up with possession of what you think is yours. The bank can motivate you to pay using whatever legal means are at their disposal, and in the same light the Federal Reserve bank can motivate our government with whatever ideals and morals the owners have, to make us pay. Sound like organized crime? It works the same way. At least with the Mafia you knew what you were getting and there was a code of “honor”. With the politicians you never know what is right and what is wrong. Politicians are worse than a drunken whore.
Any doubts? Look up the facts associated with the above and find out for yourself.